* Copyright (C) 2016 The Android Open Source Project
* Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License");
* you may not use this file except in compliance with the License.
* You may obtain a copy of the License at
* Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software
* distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS,
* WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied.
* See the License for the specific language governing permissions and
* limitations under the License.
* Initializes public and anonymous namespaces. The public_ns_sonames is the list of sonames
* to be included into public namespace separated by colon. Example: "libc.so:libm.so:libdl.so".
* The libraries in this list should be loaded prior to this call.
* The anon_ns_library_path is the search path for anonymous namespace. The anonymous namespace
* is used in the case when linker cannot identify the caller of dlopen/dlsym. This happens
* for the code not loaded by dynamic linker; for example calls from the mono-compiled code.
extern bool android_init_namespaces(const char* public_ns_sonames,
const char* anon_ns_library_path);
/* A regular namespace is the namespace with a custom search path that does
* not impose any restrictions on the location of native libraries.
ANDROID_NAMESPACE_TYPE_REGULAR = 0,
/* An isolated namespace requires all the libraries to be on the search path
* or under permitted_when_isolated_path. The search path is the union of
* ld_library_path and default_library_path.
ANDROID_NAMESPACE_TYPE_ISOLATED = 1,
/* The shared namespace clones the list of libraries of the caller namespace upon creation
* which means that they are shared between namespaces - the caller namespace and the new one
* will use the same copy of a library if it was loaded prior to android_create_namespace call.
* Note that libraries loaded after the namespace is created will not be shared.
* Shared namespaces can be isolated or regular. Note that they do not inherit the search path nor
* permitted_path from the caller's namespace.
ANDROID_NAMESPACE_TYPE_SHARED = 2,
ANDROID_NAMESPACE_TYPE_SHARED_ISOLATED = ANDROID_NAMESPACE_TYPE_SHARED |
* Creates new linker namespace.
* ld_library_path and default_library_path represent the search path
* for the libraries in the namespace.
* The libraries in the namespace are searched by folowing order:
* 1. ld_library_path (Think of this as namespace-local LD_LIBRARY_PATH)
* 2. In directories specified by DT_RUNPATH of the "needed by" binary.
* 3. deault_library_path (This of this as namespace-local default library path)
* When type is ANDROID_NAMESPACE_TYPE_ISOLATED the resulting namespace requires all of
* the libraries to be on the search path or under the permitted_when_isolated_path;
* the search_path is ld_library_path:default_library_path. Note that the
* permitted_when_isolated_path path is not part of the search_path and
* does not affect the search order. It is a way to allow loading libraries from specific
* locations when using absolute path.
* If a library or any of its dependencies are outside of the permitted_when_isolated_path
* and search_path, and it is not part of the public namespace dlopen will fail.
extern struct android_namespace_t* android_create_namespace(const char* name,
const char* ld_library_path,
const char* default_library_path,
const char* permitted_when_isolated_path,
#endif /* __ANDROID_DLEXT_NAMESPACES_H__ */